Title: IPA Network Manager
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer of Mental Health Empowerment Project, Inc.
Mental Health Empowerment Project, Inc. (MHEP) is a recipient run, not-for-profit corporation organized in 1988 to develop and strengthen self-help and mutual support/recovery activities throughout the United States.
MHEP was founded on the belief that people who have been given a psychiatric diagnosis can and do recover. Our lived experience also demonstrates that through the power of mutual support, people can move from being in a state of hopelessness to finding personal satisfaction, connectedness, and a new purpose in life. MHEP is dedicated to strengthening and ensuring the viability of peer support services across New York State.
The primary responsibility of the Network Manager is to coordinate and lead a comprehensive Statewide Peer Services Independent Practice Association in New York. The Manager of the IPA will work closely with the Executive Committee to manage the operations of the organization, including strategic contributions to the IPA’s goals and planning of activities that further the IPA’s mission. The Manager ensures the liaison, coordination and the timely flow of pertinent information to IPA members.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in management, communications, public administration, or related field or a combination of education and experience which would be considered by the employer as appropriate to qualify for the position. Must have strong oral and written communication skills, organization and planning, ability to coordinate collection and analysis of various kinds of qualitative and numeric data. Grant writing, experience in social services including Mental Health, Chemical Addiction, DD and Physical Disability field, working understanding of the Peer Mental Health Services industry and personal experience preferred. Must display an ability to work effectively with moderate to large size networks and executives across NYS.
Responsible for coordinating the activities of PSNY-IPA related to preparation for operation in the Behavioral Health and Chemical Dependency Managed Care environments: Assuming a leadership role in developing a Statewide Peer IPA ready to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing healthcare environment in New York State. Coordinating all activities associated with Managed Care readiness and Value Based Performance contracting.
- Coordinate Board Meetings, Planning Meetings, Committee meetings and other meetings as needed including schedule, location, telephone and video conference technology;
- Responsible for project management charting the course and managing the process, and maintaining records of meetings in the form of minutes and distribute those minutes to PSNY-IPA members;
- Coordinate communication among PSNY-IPA members about planned activities, documents, data gathering, etc.
- Assist with development of the marketing and communications associated with the organization’s activities;
- Coordinate systems for data gathering, analyze data as needed and present result of data analysis to PSN-IPA members in the form of tables, charts, graphs, slide decks or other format;
- Interact with outside entities (NYSOMH, NYDOH, OASAS, MCO’s, etc.) as needed as representative of PSNY-IPA, with direction from the Chairman;
- Assist Committee Chairs with planning and special projects as needed;
- Maintain records, data and contracts on file;
- Coordinates completion of grant applications and proposals;
- Assist with development of PSNY-IPA policies and procedures as needed;
- Perform other appropriate job related activities as required by your supervisor or as circumstances warrant.
- Adheres to all agency policy and procedures and PSNY-IPA code of Ethical and Legal Behavior which requires all employees, consultants, Board members, volunteers, and affiliates to perform their duties according to ethical and legal standards with honesty, integrity, fairness, good faith, and respect for others and the Law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
MHEP is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The agency is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
To express interest in this position, please email, fax or send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Erica MacLeod, Administrative Assistant
Mental Health Empowerment Project
3 Atrium Drive, Suite 205
Albany, New York 12205
Fax #: 518-434-3823
Email [email protected] Resumes received without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Resumes must be received by February 16, 2018.