The Peer Support Coordinator provides supervision, support and mentoring to Peer Specialists in the delivery of trauma-informed peer support and core recovery values, our mission, and ethics, as well as individualized and group support to people receiving services from Advocates’ Behavioral Health division.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Provide support, mentoring, and documented supervision to Peer Specialists.
- Provide support, mentoring, and documented supervision to people using Advocates’ services who are also employed by Advocates.
- Facilitate and provide individual and group peer support services related to peer support, recovery, resiliency, and resources.
- Complete all relevant and required documentation of peer support services as determined by Community Based Flexible Supports standards.
- Assist Behavioral Health division managers and staff in the development of environments and attitudes which promote, support, and nurture recovery.
- Maintain and distribute current information on community resources related to self-help and recovery.
- Advocate for clients’ preferences in all decision making arenas.
- Connect and network with other area providers, peer providers and individuals receiving services.
- Develop professional relationships with area/peer providers and communicate regularly to ensure all services and resources are being fully utilized.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or High School diploma/GED and 1 year of experience as a Peer Specialist.
- Must currently be or have previously been a recipient of the Mental Health Systems services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must have sensitivity to the needs of the population.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Click here for more information.