The SHARE! Recovery Retreat is a Peer-Run Respite House in the San Gabriel Valley for people with mental health issues.
Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
The SHARE! Recovery Retreat provides short-term (14 days) respite for up to 8 guests at a time where guests participate in recovery activities such as goal setting, self-help support groups, and other guest-initiated peer-support services.
SHARE! needs qualified candidates for the position of Peer Resident Specialist who have extensive personal experience in self-help support groups, are passionate about recovery, and want to help others find their own path to change and grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate daily activities at Peer-Run Respite House
- Model recovery behavior and be a role model
- Coordinate transportation to self-help support groups and appointments
- Manage high-stress situations/interventions
- Coordinate and participate in house meetings and meals
- Help others negotiate conflict
- Provide crisis management as needed
- Make community linkages for people
- Assist with outreach and special events
- Significant recovery experience
- 3 – 5 years of personal experience attending self-help support groups
- Ability to leverage community resources, e.g. get donations of food, services, etc.
- Ability to problem solve
- Self-starter, able to take a project and run with it
- Non-judgmental acceptance of others
- Bilingual any language a plus, Spanish, any Asian languages desired
- Minimum 1 year of sobriety/abstinence required if applicable, 2-5 years preferred
- Honesty, Willingness, Open-mindedness, Desire to grow
- Sober Living/Collaborative Housing experience a plus
- BA degree a plus
- Managerial experience a plus
- CADC, CAADAC or LADE not required.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your passion for self-help support groups, your personal experience attending self-help support groups and why you want to work at SHARE! to: [email protected] or 6666 Green Valley Circle, Culver City, CA 90230 or FAX to (310) 846- 5278.
All SHARE! job postings are at www.shareselfhelp.org/programs/share-jobs